Tuesday 4 June 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books From My Favorite Genre




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Click on the link for instructions on how to join!

This week's list is on our top ten books from our favorite genre! So, I'm pretty sure you all know that my favorite genre is YA, but I feel like that's too broad. Or is it? Can I make it broad so I can have a bigger pool to pick from? Or do I stick with YA Fantasy/Paranormal and make the pool even smaller? We'll find out!





1. Reign of the Fallen - Sarah Glenn Marsh
This was one of my favorite books that I read last year, and it doesn't hurt that I find Sarah an amazing and beautiful person! If you haven't read this one yet, you definitely need to get on that!

2. The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury
Seriously this was one of the most haunting books I've ever read. I randomly found it on Hoopla to borrow and immediately got sucked in. I highly recommend listening to it if audiobooks are your thing. It made the story that much better for me.

3. Soundless - Richelle Mead
I'm so bummed that this is a standalone book only because I could not get enough of this story. I think Richelle Mead did an amazing job with this one and I'm glad she's one of my favorite authors.

4. Furyborn - Claire Legrand
This book really carried me away. I couldn't get enough of it, and hearing the story of both Rielle and Eliana had me on the edge of my seat. They really are fiercely independent young women, and I'm all about that.

5. Everless - Sara Holland
The concept of this book really intrigued me, and I still need to read what happens next. It also made me question what would I do to gain more time, or what I would do with the time I did gain.


6. The Last Namsara - Kristen Ciccarelli
I may use the word "haunting" too much to describe my favorite books, but that's the feeling I got when I read it. I was so entranced by Asha that there were moments where I forgot I was listening to the book and thought I was just a fly on the wall during her story. That's a really, really good book if I ever heard of one.

7. Wonder Woman: Warbringer - Leigh Bardugo
For one, Wonder Woman is my all time favorite superhero. Two, Leigh Bardugo did such an amazing job of bringing Diana to the YA book world that I could see this becoming either  a movie or a comic book based on her story! I loved it so much, and I had a lot of feelings about it and Alia in my review.

8. Hunted - Meagan Spooner
This retelling of Beauty and the Beast was one that felt really different and unique to me. I remember reading this back in 2018 and I just loved how the story went along. The romance wasn't forced - you may even not see the romance at all! - and having this story turn on its head for me and have Yeva be the hunter rather than the hunted made me love this book even more.

9. The Bone Witch - Rin Chupeco
This book.... wow. I loved how it went back and forth between the past and present, from two different point of views. I loved how the bard that was in the presence of Tea had no idea just how powerful and dangerous she really was, and I was so proud of Tea for her growth and strength. I love this one, and I love Rin's writing.

10. Caraval - Stephanie Garber
I'm so late to the game in finishing this series, but the first book was absolutely amazing for me. Scarlett and Tella's relationship was one that I argued over and yet could understand. The love Scarlett had for her sister was one I could feel - even if there were times where it was questionable. Julian was just a major heartthrob for me for some reason. I love it.

==============================================================

And there you have it! My first Top Ten Tuesdays post is in the books and I had a lot of fun working on it. What's on your Top Ten Tuesdays post? What do you feel about some of the books I fell in love with? Are any of them on your lists? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time.

-Leelynn



6 comments:

  1. Wonder Woman: Warbringer was fantastic.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has to be one of my all time favorite books. Not to mention I love Wonder Woman anyway, so a book version of her was just right up my alley!

      Delete
  2. Reign of the Fallen has me curious since I liked the other book by her I read- Fear the Drowning Deep- a few years ago. I should read more of her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to read her first book, so we are on the same page! I hope you like Reign of the Fallen! I recently moved my blog to Wordpress so please feel free to visit there!

      Delete
  3. I'm REALLY curious about Everless' concept. In fact, I *think* I picked up this one a while ago. Also, Hunted sounds really good, but then I do like a good re-telling. :) Thanks so much for the Finding Wonderland visit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! When I first read the synopsis, I was curious to see how the author was going to work it in the story! Hunted was amazing. Totally worth the read. I recently moved my blog to Wordpress so hopefully you'll see me there as well!

      Delete