Thursday 1 February 2018

Book Blog Collaboration: Buddy Read with Kayla


Hey everyone!

So it looks like I have another blog collaboration! I'm so excited that I get to work with such amazing bloggers, all while doing the one thing I love the most: reading!

I'd like to introduce Kayla from Books, Boxes & Baubles. Go check out her amazing blog and stay tuned to our future buddy reads. Our first one will be The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. I have been wanting to read this for so long, and for some reason, I've just kept putting it off. But now, here's my chance!

Here's a little Q&A so you can get to know Kayla:


Q1: Three words to describe yourself.
A1 - Geek, motivated, life learner


Q2: What's your favorite genre to read?
A2 - Tough! I have a few but lately, it seems that Urban Fantasy is what I read when I want to just relax. I also really enjoy YA and nonfiction though.

Q3: Is there a series that you can reread numerous times without getting tired of it? Which series?
A3: I've got two. Mercedes Lackeys Valdemar series and Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson books

Q4: Without naming the book, which book could you absolutely not love no matter how much you wanted to? Explain why.
A4: Ugh. It was a popular YA book and I did it as a buddy read. Most people know I hated it. I had so many issues with the plot and felt like everything including the kitchen sink was tossed in. The character had zero growth and seemed very entitled.

Q5: What is your favorite fictional place, and from which book?
A5: So many! So so many. Valdemar despite the wars or the Wizarding World because....well doesn't everyone? Or the Tardis, that could be fun too though that's not a book.

Q6: How many books do you want to read in 2018?
A6: 150, I think I can do it. I wasn't far off last year.

Q7: Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, what are they?
A7: I am! The Rory Gilmore book challenge (this will take a few years), The Read Harder Challenge, Pop Sugar Challenge, and of course the Goodreads reading challenge

Q8: Three words to describe your love for reading.
A8: lifelong, rejuvenating, fun


Q9: Why did you start your blog?
A9: I missed writing and had gotten back into reading after a couple years of not. I also found it to be a great way to keep in touch with my co-blogger who lives on the east coast.

Q10: Who is your favorite author?
A10: More than one. Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, J.K Rowling & Patricia Briggs

And here we are! Are you excited? I just keep getting more and more excited for all of these collaborations! This blog is going keep getting better and better with all of our wonderful and amazing blog guests. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment