Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tuesday Talks - Challenges

Hey everyone!

Here is another segment to Tuesday Talks. So far so good. I've been keeping up with the weekly discussions and having a lot of fun writing my thoughts about them. Please feel free to leave me any comments about the topic for this week, and also check out the Tuesday Talks group in GoodReads and possibly start your own Tuesday Talks journey! Trust me, it's really fun.


What challenges do you hope to participate in?

There are so many GoodReads groups with so many challenges in each one. Trust me when I say that it can get pretty overwhelming when they all happen at the same time. With a lot of the groups that GoodReads has, many of the challenges involve reading a certain amount of books in the required time limit. Sometimes it can be reading 10 books in one month, or 20 books in six months. Whatever the case may be, it can be extremely difficult to keep track of every single challenge you are in and how many books you have to read for each in order to consider the challenge conquered. Sometimes it's just not possible to complete every single challenge for each month, and that is totally okay. It's all a matter of pacing yourself, taking on challenges that you know you can handle without overwhelming yourself, and sticking to at least one at a time.

I haven't gone back to each of the groups I follow yet to see what kind of challenges they have this year but I do plan on checking them out. One of the groups that I really liked was called A Million More Pages. They always had a lot of challenges to participate in and they were extremely active the last time I was fully engaged in that group. I hope to go back in that group and see what small challenge I can participate in to get my reading juices flowing again. I would probably participate in a challenge that lasted for longer than a month so that I wouldn't feel pressured to finish more than one book in a single month, especially if it starts to get really busy for me at work or just because I don't find enough time to read as much as I need to for the challenge.

The main challenge that I will participate in every year that I am able to is, of course, the year reading challenge that is on GoodReads. Every year, you give yourself a goal of how many books you want to read by the end of the year, and you track your progress using GoodReads. As long as you put the date that you start and the date that you finish each book, all the ones that you finish in the allotted year (this year would be 2016 of course) will count towards your goal. That one is the easiest for me to do because I get to choose how many books I want to strive for, and I can push myself a little more each year. So far, I have read three books this year, and my official goal for GoodReads is 15. I will try to push myself to read 40 books in all, especially since last year I was so close at 39. Yes, I was one book short! So I am hoping to actually hit 40 books this year. Wish me luck.

That's all I have for you guys this week. I know that it wasn't as good as some of my other posts, but I still need to do more research on what kind of challenges I plan on participating in. Feel free to let me know of any challenges that you think are good ones to try out, and I will definitely check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment