Tuesday 24 January 2017

Tuesday Talks: Favorite Book Series (January 24, 2017)


Hey everyone!  Welcome to this week's segment of Tuesday Talks. As usual, if you'd like to learn more about this group, start contributing to the weekly discussions, or even check out some past questions, check out the group on GoodReads.  Here we go again!


Show your favorite book series

This week's one seems like a fun one! Instead of just talking about my favorite book series (I have more than one, probably like most people), I get to actually show them! Unfortunately, I don't have all of my favorite book series in my possession which is a definite bummer. So I will show you as much as I have, and maybe I can mention the ones that I don't have.


So this is going to be all of my favorite series so far, pretty much. I have come to love quite a few series during my lifetime, but as I have told one of my friends before, I have a problem with actually finishing them. Especially if a series is really good, I just don't want it to end! I'm pretty sure that the only series that I actually finished was Harry Potter (of course) because I had to know that everything turned out okay. I had to know how it would end before the final movie came out, and thank goodness for the most part all was well.




The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

I used to see this series floating around for years, since the first book came out in 2012, but I never had the opportunity to get all of the books or read the first one until recently last year.  I fell in love with the characters, Genya and Mal mostly, although I did really like Alina, the main protagonist. The Darkling was also a character that still sits in the back of my mind, and I can't wait to find out what happens in the next two books.


Since I did end up writing a review for Shadow and Bone, be sure to check it out on my blog. Also, be sure to be on the lookout for my future reviews on the rest of the trilogy. I will make an effort to actually finish series for once in my life!




 The 5th Wave Trilogy by Rick Yancey

This is another series that I started but never finished. Granted, I didn't get the last two books until just recently, about December of 2016. But now I have no excuse. I'm going to have to finish this eventually.  The first book was honestly amazing, and I think the movie wasn't too bad for an adaptation. Don't get me wrong, there were some aspects in the book that wasn't in the movie that I felt there should be, but I have a totally different post dedicated for those thoughts.


I also have my review of the first book as well that I read early in 2016. A definite must-read and I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of the series as well.




 The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

These books were some of my all time favorite. I actually read the first three back to back, and if those were the only three books in the series I would have finished the entire series in five days. That's how much I enjoyed these books. I realized though that I read these during my period of no reviews, so I don't even have a good post to refer you to on my thoughts of it. I guess I'll have to reread them anyway before I finish the final book. I have a lot of catching up to do.


Think "The Bachelor" mixed with "The Hunger Games" or something like that. It was pretty interesting and I'm surprised I enjoyed it, but I'm glad I took the chance to read them. Honestly though, I think it should have ended with The One, but oh well. More books for me to read and enjoy.



 The Red Queen Trilogy by Victoria Aveyard

With the third book, The King's Cage being released in a matter of days, I have to bring the book series up. I couldn't get enough of the first book, Red Queen. It reminded me a little bit of X-Men per se, but also had a Red Rising feel to it. Also, I love to see girls that kick major ass, and while those girls were mostly bad girls, at least the main character Mare does end up learning how to be somewhat bad ass. I know she's going to get better, and I can't wait to see how this translate on the big screen.








The Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly

Last but not least, the best series about mermaids that I have come across so far. These are only the books I have though, and I still need to get the rest when I get the chance, but I absolutely love this book. Six mermaids, all with their own special powers that will help them to defeat great evil. Plus, they are all pretty damn smart and can kick major ass and I always love that in girls. This was one of my favorite books to read of all time, especially because it deals with mermaids. I love mermaids. I've always wanted to be a mermaid, so at least these books will help me live out that dream in some way. If you haven't checked out this series yet, you definitely have to soon.

Not convinced, I actually did a review for the first one sometime last year, so check it out on my blog. Go on. Don't delay :)


There are probably so many more series that I am in love with, but I either don't have the physical books or I don't have the physical books. Yes I said that twice because the other ones that I love are either on my Kindle or were borrowed from the library years ago and there aren't any copies of them here on Guam. It definitely sucks, but at least I got to read them, right? What are you favorite book series? Have you read any of the ones that I mentioned here? Let me know in the comments below.


January is almost over, and so far I've done every single Tuesday Talks segment for the year. Yay! I'm pretty proud of myself and I plan on keeping the momentum going with next week's discussion. Until then!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that so many people are liking Mal! So many people dislike him, but I really loved his character. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series just as much as Shadow and Bone!

    ReplyDelete