Tuesday 30 January 2018

Book Blog Collaboration: Buddy Read with Brittany



Hey everyone!

I'm so happy to announce that I have another book blog collaboration! Everyone meet, Brittany, and go check out her blog: bookwormbrittanyy. Together, we will be doing future buddy reads, starting with When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. I am so excited to be doing an official blog collaboration with Brittany, as we have done two buddy reads together so far. Stay tuned for our discussions! Here's our Q&A with Brittany so you can get to know her more:



Q1: Three words to describe yourself.
A1: Loyal, passionate, and determined.

Q2: What's your favorite genre to read?
A2: YA is probably my most commonly read, but I think I enjoy psychological thrillers most of all. YA psychological thrillers are my idea of cloud nine. 

Q3: Is there a series that you can reread numerous times without getting tired of it? Which series?
A3: I have a guilty pleasure series from when I was quite a bit younger by Kate Brian called the Private Series. I have reread it twice since and though the stories seem a lot less logical now, I still love it just as much as I did when I first picked up the series. 

Q4: Without naming the book, which book could you absolutely not love no matter how much you wanted to? Explain why. 
A4: I very recently read a YA book that all other reviewers seemed to adore, but I just could not force myself to like it. I love YA but I hate reading about incessant teenage drama (I get that there will be some of this drama in a YA, but I can't stand a book that is consumed by it). This book was just a bunch of teens constantly fighting with one another or feigning for someone's attention and it just wasn't my type of book. 

Q5: What is your favorite fictional place, and from which book?
Q5: I'm not sure I have one, to be honest. I am not a huge fantasy or magical realism fan (Readers, please don't hate me. I just wasn't that big on Harry Potter, I'm sorry). So, most of the books I've read are in real life settings. 

Q6: How many books do you want to read in 2018? 
Q6: I have my reading challenge on Goodreads set for 40 books.... but I fully intend to read more than that if my work and school schedule will allow it. I'd really love to shoot for 60-75. 

Q7: Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, what are they?
Q7: I am! I actually recently completed the Copy Cat Challenge for January (where you are paired with another participant and must choose one of their read books to read and rate), and I am participating in the year-long A-Z Challenge for 2018! I'd like to join some more should time allow, but we will see. 

Q8: Three words to describe your love for reading.
Q8: Never-ending, obsessive, and enjoyable. 

Q9: Why did you start your blog?
Q9: I really decided to start posting my reviews on a blog as a way to keep track of them all for myself, but to also have more than one platform to express myself on. I love writing reviews but the whole upkeep of a blog can be very expressive and creative and fun, and I like that aspect of blogging. 

Q10: Who is your favorite author?
Q10: I have never been able to narrow down an answer to this question, unfortunately. I am always simultaneously obsessed with numerous authors at the same time. I have a special place in my heart for a few authors though, who include: Sarah Dessen, John Green, and Ellen Hopkins (what a weird group of authors, I know). 


Are you guys ready? If you'd like to participate in this buddy read, leave a comment for us below! The more, the merrier. I am so looking forward to this read.

1 comment: