Wednesday 31 January 2018

January Wrap-Up!




Hello everyone!

This is my first ever monthly wrap-up post, and I'm so proud of my progress this month. It's only the ending of January, and I already hit my Goodreads goal! This is such a big deal for me since the past few years I've been on Goodreads have shown that I can be close to making 30 books, but I never quite get there. I was worried that I wouldn't make it, but I did my best.

And I succeeded!

Totally bad grammar, but I think I can slide.




So this is a visual of the books that I've read this month. Unfortunately, it does not include some of the books that I didn't have a physical copy of (like the ARCs that I got to review or some of the audiobooks that I couldn't find a physical copy of at the library), but it still looks like a whole lot! All of the reviews for the books I've read this month are on my blog for your viewing pleasure. I'd love to hear what you guys think of these books.

Out of all of these, I would say my top five books are:

  1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
  2. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
  3. Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
  4. The Last Namsara by Kristin Ciccarelli ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
  5. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertali ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
Let's give it up for these amazing women authors, am I right? Not to mention the diversity of these characters and these stories. I absolutely love it. I'm so proud of myself for reading more diverse books, something that I didn't realize was a problem for me until I started including the "Author Spotlight" section of my reviews. I'll do better, and I hope to read more #OwnVoices novels as well throughout 2018 and the years to come.

What were your favorite books this month? Comment on my post below and tell me which ones you recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment