Wednesday 10 January 2018

Firebolt by Adrienne Woods

Dragons. Right. Teenage girls don’t believe in fairy tales, and sixteen-year old Elena Watkins was no different.
Until the night a fairy tale killed her father.
Now Elena’s in a new world, and a new school. The cutest guy around may be an evil dragon, a Prince wants Elena’s heart, and a long dead sorcerer may be waking up to kill her. Oh. And the only way Elena’s going to graduate is on the back of a dragon of her own.
Teenage girls don’t believe in fairy tales. Now it’s time for Elena to believe – in herself.


Book Overview: 

Author: Adrienne Woods | Series: The Dragonian Series | Format: Audiobook | Narrated by: Erin Moon | Length: 10 hours, 37 minutes | Publish Date: September 19, 2014 | Genre: YA Fantasy/Paranormal | Rating: ★ ★ ★ | Recommend: Maybe





“ The leaves of change will come at last, when the fate of two heart's bond is cast. Souls intertwined and hearts no longer torn, through their love Paegeia will once again be born."

So I should start by saying that usually I really love books about dragons... But that's only if it's written really, really well. I actually hadn't really heard of this book before until now, and that was because I decided to join a series buddy read on Goodreads. I saw the brief summary on this, and I was so excited to read this.

I was kind of let down.

For starters, I felt like Elena was such a damn crybaby. Don't get me wrong, I understand that she's going through such a life change - with her dad being murdered, and finding out that her dad was a FREAKING DRAGON - but the more she learns about Dragonia and all that stuff, it's like she's still, for the most part, pretty clueless. You would think that the more she's in this Academy for dragons and dragonians (not the same thing, by the way) that she would start catching on to what she's being taught. But nope. That's not the case at all.

You can even tell that the rest of the kids that she interacts with are pretty over her lack of knowledge from the get-go. They are constantly sighing and saying "Duh, Elena" and all that jazz. Maybe it's just kids being mean as heck, or maybe they just need the main protagonist to get it together! I loved the sarcasm though from Becky and Sammy though. I love those girls.

Also, what's with Elena being so Lucien crazy so fast? It's like she can't even function without him at times. That annoyed me very fast. Sorry Elena, but I need you to get it together real quick if I'm going to invest a lot of man hours in this series.

If you notice, these are my thoughts about how the main character behaves, not the author. For the most part, the book is alright. I just really, really, really do not like Elena right now. Hopefully, she gets better? Here's hoping she does.

Author Spotlight
Courtesy of Goodreads

Born: In Johannesburg, South Africa
Twitter: erichb3
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance
Influences: Desiring God, without him, I'm nothing, and He is present in everything I do.
Goodreads Member Since: January 2012

I was born and raised in South Africa, where I reside with my husband and two beautiful little girls till this day.
I'm very passionate about my writing. Published my first novel in 2013, titled Firebolt and three years later the entire series have been published with Fire Quill Publishing.

Love, love, love my family, and wouldn't have been able to do any of this without their support.

Pen name for Contemporary Romance is Isabella White. Debut novel Imperfect Love was released in 2015. Secret Love to be released soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment